Why is gun violence a big problem in this country?

Gun violence is a problem in America because too many people are dying from gun violence. One point made in (Los Angeles Times) is that 756 American children have been killed by gunfire in 2015 alone. This is important because people who shoot children don’t understand how it feels to lose a child to gun violence. Another point made in (Brady campaign) is that “Every day, 46 children and teens are shot in murders, assaults, suicides, and suicide attempts, unintentional shootings and police intervention.” This is important because every year, about 16790 people are killed by gun violence in the US every year. And I’m not proud about that at all. In conclusion, this is how gun violence is a problem in America. 

Based on the the previous lesson on gun laws and the information presented in the Webquest, I agree with this statement because “Every day in the United States, there is one mass shooting every two weeks.” (Behind the bloodshed) This is important because if this keeps on happening, then that might as well be the end of the world for us. Also in (Behind The Bloodshed) ” From 2006 to 2017, there have been more than 350 mass killings in the United States.” In conclusion, this is why I agree with this statement.

Based on the Orlando and Charleston shootings, I feel that gun shows should have more background checks and that the NRA needs to be destroyed because the NRA doesn’t realize that all these lives are being lost because of the NRA and gun shows. What happened at these places give me new concerns about gun violence in this country because I am worried if my church/school is next to be involved in a mass shooting.